Saturday 2 June 2012

A Desert for Europe

It’s Eurovision time of year again. I’m a big fan of Eurovision – its more exciting than the fiscal treaty anyway. And it just so happens that a couple of years back I got the opportunity to devise a desert especially for the occasion. So when the rest of Europe was watching Dima Bilan wowing the crowds in Serbia with his winning song ‘ Believe’, I was preparing meringue swans, blue sparkling jellies, profiteroles, peach trifles and the likes. I’d been invited to partake in an event at the Project Art Centre called ‘A Symposium A Banquet’ where people with a particular talent or passion for one thing or another demonstrated this to an audience. My offering was to demonstrate the making of a desert. This was my Desert for Europe inspired by the Eurovision, an extravaganza with fire and bells, bereft of subtlety where less is not more … its just less!


























No comments:

Post a Comment